Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Oslo sleeper train


On one of my early visits to Oslo included an "Oslo Pass". This gave free transport within the city boundaries. According to the handbook came with the pass, Movatn was the boundary station on the Gjovik line. It was free, it had to be visited. I have returned every time since. Admittedly once by chance having walked up alongside the the Akerselva and not stopping until I realised I had no idea where I was. It turned out I was not far from here. The post of the Cl 69 near Oslo was taken on the same walk. The usual half hour interval service takes a break in the early evening. I discovered on the walk by just missing the train and having an hour to wait until the next one. No hardship, it was summertime, the fish were jumping and the living was easy. This year the Oslo sleeper train took up the free path.

No comments:

Post a Comment