Sunday 26 January 2014

1995 Roros 4


NSR switched my train to the afternoon departure from Bergen which, as I had also dropped the overnight  in Geilo meant I arrived in Oslo late at night. The next morning I was on the train to Roros. At Hamar we played the great Norwegian party game of turning the seats around. This involves nearly everyone taking all their things out of the pockets on the seat backs in front of them standing up turning the seats around sitting down again and putting everything back in the seat pockets. As you can imagine it is families with young children and all the things they need for a long journey that have the most fun. For me the best part was when those that did not join in the game at the station, decide to play the game when the train is moving. Alas this game has past into myth and legend and yet another element that separates travel from mere movement is lost to us all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment